The North Adams Farmers Market provides its customers with fresh, quality, locally grown produce and products in a safe and fun environment in downtown North Adams.
Market Dates, Hours and Location:
- June 11 – October 22
- Every Saturday, rain or shine, from 9 AM to 1PM.
- The market is located in the St. Anthony Municipal Parking Lot, at the intersection of Rte. 8 (Marshal St.) and St. Anthony Drive.
Deadlines and Notifications:
- Application deadline: Rolling. Space is limited, apply early. Priority is given to long-time vendors and full season applicants.
- Applications submitted after the begininng of the season will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the market manager. (Space is limited)
- All vendors will be notified of acceptance to the market on an ongoing basis, or no later than May 28, 2016.
- An application fee of $15 is due with your submission. This fee will be returned to you if you are not accepted into the market. For approved vendors this fee covers your first week at the market.
- Market fees are due at the beginning of each market or can be pre-paid at the end of the previous market.
Booth Fees and Sizes:
- To attend the North Adams farmers market as a vendor the cost is $15.00 per week, or $225 (a 25% discount) for the 20-week season.
- Booths are approximately 15’ x 10’. Vendors must provide their own set-up (tents, tables, etc.).
- There are limited additional 10’x10’ extension spaces that can be reserved at a rate of $5/week, or $75 for the season.
- In the case of special circumstances in which the space provided is not sufficient (need more space, selling out of vehicle, etc.) please make note at the bottom of the application so the market manager can prepare for such situations.
Farmers Market General Guidelines:
A full guidebook is available to all vendors wishing to sell at the market.
- This is a producer-only market. All products must be grown locally by the farmers at the market.
- Vendors will not be allowed to simply “show up” at the market to sell their products without prior approval from the market manager and committee.
- Vendors are independent entities and are each liable for all applicable licenses. All vendors are subject to onsite inspections by the North Adams Health Department. It is recommended to have copies of all licenses available at the market each week.
- If a vendor cannot attend the market, the Market Manager should be notified as soon as possible, and at least two weeks prior to the missed market date.
- Items for sale must be clean and of top quality.
- Less than top quality produce must be marked as “seconds”.
- Prices for all items for sale must be clearly marked and visible.
- Any vendor selling baked goods, canned or preserved foods are required by law to display allergy warning signs.
- All market vendors must accept SNAP and credit/debit tokens. This requires the completion of an I-9 form, which will be available at each market.
- There is absolutely no smoking at the market.
All market vendors must follow rules and guidelines of the North Adams Farmers Market. If you do not already have a copy one will be provided.