Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
North Adams Chamber of Commerce
Business Development Coordinator
The North Adams Chamber of Commerce (NAC) seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial Business Development Coordinator who is responsible for counseling small business owners to start, stabilize, and grow their businesses. The Business Development Coordinator will work with the NAC team in areas of business development & lending and administering programs that benefit small businesses and liaise with the NAC leadership board. The position reports to NAC Board Vice President.
The North Adams Chamber of Commerce (NAC) was started in 2013 as a 501(c)3 to promote and advance the economic, civic, and social vibrancy of the North Adams and wider community. The NAC began by facilitating communication and collaboration among local businesses and other educational, cultural, and regional partners. Working closing with the City of North Adams, northern Berkshire businesses, and nonprofits to strengthen the region. Over the last few years, NAC has shifted to provide business assistance to small businesses to convert challenges to opportunities that help sustain the local economy. Currently, there is a bi-weekly informational newsletter sent out to 600 businesses, with B to B meetings with guest speakers, and free packets of reopening flyers & stickers. Newsletter analytics reflect more people reading than before. NAC has connections with the 10 nearby towns and the Coordinator will work closely to help bring them into the NAC.
- Work with the NAC team to meet organizational goals and mission
- Assist in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating program benchmarks
- Collect data, record results, evaluate activities and create reports
- Manage administrative aspects of the program
- Coordinate meetings and activities with collaborators and stakeholders
- Be an active team member and coordinate with project members
- Conduct outreach and promotion of services and program
- Coordinate workshops and seminars on business-related topics
- Participate in anti-racism activities and help work for racial and economic justice
Client Service Level
- Act as advisor for small businesses in North Adams / Northern Berkshire county
- Conduct intake interviews with clients and assess business assistance requirements
- Counsel clients on business-related issues and/or refer clients to other resources
- Assist in loan packaging applications, with micro-loan decisions and loan follow-up
- Monitor clients to ensure they are receiving appropriate technical assistance and are meeting program goals
- Help identify specific needs within the community and secure consultants as needed
Works primarily from home. Work is generally performed in a typical office space with many off-site meetings and community outreach. Work may be performed remotely, especially during the COVID-19 period.
Payment: Rate commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance or related field preferred; Master’s degree/Master in Business Administration preferred.
- Five years’ experience owning & operating a business or in a management position.
- Consultant level knowledge in marketing, finance, and/or business plan development.
- Self-starter, independent worker.
- Project management experience.
- Counseling and assessment skills.
- Understanding of small business operations and environment.
- Competence in developing cash flow projections and evaluating financial statements.
- Competence and or strong familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills for meeting facilitation, written, and individual counseling.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to complete projects on time and with accuracy.
- Spanish a plus.
Type of Position: Part-Time; The Business Development Coordinator will serve as an independent contractor of the NAC.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] Review of resumes will begin on January 11.