GET TICKETS Kevin Morby and Waxahatchee roll into town on July 23 for a stripped-down evening on the MASS MoCA stage. Conjuring sunsets, campfires, and long drives on the open
Kevin Morby and Waxahatchee roll into town on July 23 for a stripped-down evening on the MASS MoCA stage. Conjuring sunsets, campfires, and long drives on the open road with a pluck of their guitars and a few choice words, these indie folk-rockers plays mid-field mid-summer.
Breaking through the upper echelons of the indie world last year with her 2020 release Saint Cloud, Waxahatchee’s frank, evocative lyrics pair with immersive, sun-kissed compositions to embrace the homegrown twang of her Southern roots. Dubbed “a vivid modern classic of folk and Americana” by Pitchfork and named one of the top albums of the year by Rolling Stone, NPR, and Pitchfork, among others, Saint Cloud “measures up to Dylan at his peak” (Guardian). See peak Waxahatchee at the height of summer.
With a slew of accolades — and his own Dylan comparisons — in tow, Kevin Morby melds lyrical mastery and rootsy production into serene folk-rock that reveals an old head on young shoulders. Where Waxahatchee is sun-kissed, Morby is dusk-laden; warm with a wistful edge that “consistently captures the bittersweet feeling of a sunset” (Pitchfork). With a voice “uncannily like Bob Dylan…evoking the Band’s warped Americana,” this all-star troubadour beckons us to the field for a not-to-be-missed twilight serenade.
Make a Plan
- This performance will take place outside, in MASS MoCA’s Joe’s Field. This concert will be held rain or shine.
- Preferred ticket holders have access to a viewing area close to the stage and receive museum admission on the day of the show.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event. Food and drinks are available for purchase during the show.
- Please note, museum admission is not included with your event ticket unless indicated. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
(Friday) 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
1040 Mass MoCA Way, North Adams, MA 01247