GET TICKETS MASS MoCA Member Pre-Sale: Thursday, July 15, 12pm Not yet a member? Become one here. General On-Sale Begins: Friday, July 16, 12pm The self-described “Afro/ Indigenous/ Colombian/Canadian/ punk/ folklorist/ traditionalist/ transgressive/
MASS MoCA Member Pre-Sale: Thursday, July 15, 12pm
Not yet a member? Become one here.
General On-Sale Begins: Friday, July 16, 12pm
The self-described “Afro/ Indigenous/ Colombian/Canadian/ punk/ folklorist/ traditionalist/ transgressive/ diva/ angel” Lido Pimienta creates an ecstatic musical hybrid of electronic meets cumbia that manages the neat trick of being at once thought-provoking, intense, and joyful. Her 2020 record Miss Colombia, a follow-up to the Polaris Prize-winning 2017 debut la Papessa, is “a full-throated declaration of mastery, all the more impressive for Pimienta’s insistence on prioritizing Afro-Colombian rhythms and instruments in an overwhelmingly white musical landscape” (Pitchfork).
- Make a Plan (and Bring Your Own Chair!)
- This performance will take place outside, in MASS MoCA’s Courtyard D, or inside the Hunter Center in the case of inclement weather.
- Audience members are asked to bring their own chairs for Courtyard D performances. If inclement weather is in the forecast, please leave your chairs at home or in the car.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event. Small bites and drinks are available for purchase during the show from our museum cafe, Lickety Split.
- Please note, museum admission is not included with your event ticket unless indicated. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
Planning on dinner before the show? Check out restaurants in downtown North Adams or find a nosh right here on campus: Bright Ideas Brewing, A-oK Berkshire Barbeque, and Chama Mama. Lickety Split Cafe, our museum cafe, will serve small bites during the show.
(Friday) 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM
1040 Mass MoCA Way, North Adams, MA 01247